Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Programming Update

A few things got done this week. I had work in other classes that needed attention so I added/fixed some small things in the game.

The main change I made was the style of level generation. The ground looks like it's spinning off of a film reel rather than just appearing in the distance. This gives the game some style and more cohesive of a theme.

That being said, this feature has created a bug that messes with the way stiltblocks work, so I there's a small kink in the system that currently is messing with the performance of stiltblocks (when you're at full power up and you hit a 2-block high section, you don't fall all the way to the ground, but rather you float 1 block high :\ )

This week I'll implement the controls that Brian suggested in class/email to see how it functions/feels as well as work on implementing post-alpha criticism features (camera suggestions, filter suggestions, some more art assets, transparent blocks).

We already have so much done- because of this I've started to lose momentum. I just need to keep in the mindset that a game is never finished and that there still is plenty to go from now until the end of the quarter.

If we don't have the crucial features (stable controls/functionality) by November please feel free to spam me with emails until I've made it happen.

Or hit me.

-David

No comments:

Post a Comment