Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Phil 9/20 - 9/25

This week was a bit hectic for me due to Octodad related things outside of class and being in Austin, TX all weekend promoting the game, but I did end up getting some level design work done while I was away. We ran a pretty successful meeting on Wednesday (9/21) as well which resulted in a few new mechanic ideas. We also went over what the focus of the game should be which was solidified by Brian's feedback on Thursday.

As far as the level design work goes I wrote about 200 lines/block sections so far. This is about a fourth of our final level size. I avoided using many of the extra mechanics for now, but did plan out sections in which they might be interesting to use later. I did this so that we can make sure the level will be fun/interesting at its core without all the fluff we'll be adding later on. This week I would like to continue with this level and start to playtest it as well. (internally at first)

I'm also going to be trying to sketch up some drawings of our pitch material so we can post those to the blog for a better visual understanding of what we're doing and so that anyone can look back at it for reference.

I'd like to maybe re-arrange or at least add a few things to the schedule that I missed out on before like environment art and audio. We have actually talked about these things in person and I've written it down in my notebook. I just need to add those notes to the blog which I'll be doing later today. Basically I'm playing catch-up due to my absence, but all seems good. I'll also be adding my level to the blog once it's about half "finished". (first pass)

No comments:

Post a Comment