Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Programming Update Part 2 - 11/1

I'm back with Part 2 of the programming update. Since I last posted, I've added the following features:

- Score Block Mode Fixed
   It was never really broken...just not fully implemented. Score Blocks now can be collected from the sides and don't cause you to slow down upon collision. Hoorah!

- Tunnel Locking
   This was a feature I had in the works a while ago but it didn't work so I ignored it. Well good news folks- I did it. When players enter a speed tunnel they no longer can accidentally break out of them. They now are shot through the tunnel blocks until they have come out the end of the line!

- Cool Track Generation
   This feature is pretty sweet- I had been prototyping a new way for track to be generated, and now it seems to be working! An old film reel begins to roll from underneath the player/level and unleashes film (track) for the player to travel on. As of now the film reel is a placeholder for a model in the works, but it works and definitely adds to the aesthetic of the game.

- Sandbag
   I added the sandbag to the level and I implemented some physics to make the world feel more alive. Whenever a player hits a block, the sandbag reacts and acts as if it was just hit as well. I think it's pretty cool, nbd.

- Sounds
   I added more of Logan's assets to the game. The rolling film reel plays a projector/film tick sound as it rolls, the intro music now plays when the game is started, and the "pop" sound triggers whenever a player changes lanes. I implemented one of the clapping sound effects for whenever a player hits the highest speed, but it's bugging out and not playing out its full length. This will ideally be fixed this week

I'm about to work on a back-end for the game, as well as the front end to make it feel more alive. Placeholders abound, this should hopefully be finished before class starts.

-David

No comments:

Post a Comment